* Kitty Cat Kay Finch Calif Pottery Rare Sweet Pastels
* One of several cats shown in books about Kay Finch
* Silky smooth thinnest of ceramics
* Feels like fine porcelain
* Gorgeous high shine smooth glazes
* Enchanting pastel colors with black accents
* Intricate details--especially on the eyes
* Intricate mold with curly tail
* Kitty has whide white lacy color and lavender bow
* +3 inches tall, nearly 4" wide
* Excellent condition
* Ideal gift for holidays, birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Kay Finch collectors, etc.
If you would like to make an offer on this extraordinarily adorable kittt cat, please email us. Kay Finch Studios in Laguna Beach, California, produced some of the finest silky smooth, shiny glazed, ceramic figures in the 40s-50s. This is one of the kitties she produced, which you will find in most books on Kay Finch, and in any book on California pottery. (Try Nickel & Horvath's book on Kay Finch Ceramics.) Kovel's also lists them in their guides. This auction is for one of her pieces, a pale pink and pastel green cat with a lavender bow as an accent. It is one of a family of such beautifully decorated cats. It is posed with its curled tail in the air as though getting ready to pounce on something that caught its eye. It is undeniably charming! This piece has no chips, cracks, and only the under-the-glaze-crazing, which you will usually find on Kay Finch pieces, and a tiny glaze pop on the tip of its tail, which isn't visible unless you look for it. There are lots of pictures--it was hard to catch the cat's personality, beautifully created by the artist. Here is your chance to have a rare Kay Finch to add to your collection! As usual, our low starting price does not reflect the actual value of the piece. Enter your best bid now so you don't get outbid at the last minute! Please note: The colors in the first several photos are closest to the true colors. The difference in colors is due to different camera exposures.